CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Bing had no idea what he was singing about...

"Snow I want to wash my hands, my face and hair with snow! Snow, I long to clear a path and lift a spade of snow!" -from "Snow" by Bing Crosby in White Christmas


So, I think Bing never actually lived in a state that got a lot of snow if he really felt that passionately about it. Don't get me wrong, snow can be beautiful and I love to watch it fall and to play in it with kids, and build snowmen. But I love the snow that gives you enough to have some fun and to make the world look beautiful but does not make things so difficult. We can't use our front door right now because it it completely covered halfway up the door and we just haven't had the time to shovel it out. Our driveway has proven to be a royal pain in the butt, and only part of it is done, enough to park the cars and open the doors and thats about it. Our sidewalks aren't done because who has the time for that with all the other snow removal to be done and a baby to take care of. I can officially the say the Christmas Blizzard of 2009 will not soon be forgotten but I will forever cringe whenever I hear the words "Christmas Blizzard of 2009!" See right there a huge cringe that startled Aspen even. Snow and I officially have a love hate relationship these days. Oh...and while trying to take the pictures I am posting of the snow...the hard iced top of part of our yeard broke through and cut my leg...and dang it it hurts. Another reason to hate snow.
The first picture is the back pathway cleared off and the snow next to it...the back got less snow then the front. The 2nd picture is our poor mailbox covered in snow and really hard to actually get to.


The first picture is our basement door that opens to the drivway...definitely won't be using that door anytime soon. And the 2nd picture is to show part of the driveway we didn't bother plowing because it is so much freakin snow...and yes the mounds are bigger than our dog Goliath.

And here is Goliath next to the front yard standing in out driveway...o so much snow.

So now that the vent of snow is out I will continue on about everything else. Aspen's first Christmas was a fun one. I really enjoyed the holiday, it's all so new again when you have a baby to share the experience with. We did my side of the family's Christmas on Christmas Eve. Snow had started and by time we left the roads were not favorable and we knew that we were going to have issues. We were supposed to go to Randy's parents on Christmas morning but we were worried we would get stuck, so we went home got some clothes and necessities, and our dog and off we went to his parents to spend the night just in case. We got stuck trying to get back out of the driveway but I got out and helped push the car and we were free. It's a good thing we went that night because when we woke up the next morning we were completely snowed into Randy's parents house. We enjoyed our snowed in Christmas at their place. Opened gifts, played games, had an awesome dinner and watched movies. We were at Randy's parents until Sunday because that is when a plow finally decided to go through the neghborhood. So we were there for three nights. It's a good thing we grabbed extra clothes and all.
All in all a great holiday...I definitely could have lived without the blizzard but it definitely makes her first christmas memorable.
Here are some pictures of Aspen enjoying her Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment