CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Still can't believe it...

I can't believe that Aspen is 2 months old already and the thought of her growing up and not being little forever makes me so sad but at the same time I am filled with excitement to see the little woman she will grow to be and what she will do in life. So I wrote a letter to Aspen that I thought I would share with you, I am putting it in her baby book for her to read when she is grown.


Dear Aspen,

I am sitting her writing as you are snuggled to my chest and I am breathing in the sweet baby smell and basking in the glory of motherhood. You are my little girl and I know you will hate me saying this as you get older, but you will ALWAYS be my little girl. The day I found out I was pregnant with you I instantly fell in love with a baby I didn't even know. As you grew we talked to you, sat in awe as we felt for your kicks, and when nobody was around I would hide away in your nursery and read to you and tell you all about how we were preparing for you and about the world you were coming into. I prayed for your growth and development daily and I tried to picture whatt you would look like. You came into our lives on September 30, 2009 screaming and pooping. Yes, you were literally pooping as you came out and we all thought it was funny. When you were put on my chest I looked at your sweet little face and I couldn't help but cry. I had created this beautiful perfect little baby on my chest and the idea that God enrusted us with you was just overwhelming. You have grown and are two months old now and I am such a mix of emotions. I love seeing you learn new things and seeing you grow and develop. My favorite thing to see is your precious little smile. It is absolutely heart warming. But at the same time I think about the day that you won't want to snuggle on my chest anymore and the day you push out of my arms to go run around and play. I know those days are coming and I continue to pray for you daily. Except now I am praying for the baby you are, praying for your health, growth, and development. And praying for the woman you will grow to be. It's hard to imagine those days but at the same time it can be easy. I know you will be a little heartbreaker, mainly because you already are, everyone melts with your little smile and at the sight of your face. My heart bursts with love for you. There is a song I know that says, "Your my little girl, your the one that I created, no on in this world is quite like you!" And that is what I think and feel for you everyday. I love you!

Love,
Your Mom

1 comment:

  1. So you gave me my 1st comment so I thought I would come visit you and comment back! This letter is beautiful! I have wanted to write my daughter a letter but just haven't gotten around to it. You have inspired me to at least start it!
    P.S. I typed DD and had to backspace. I forget sometimes that not everyone knows Bump lingo and have to correct myself, especially on Facebook! LOL

    ReplyDelete