CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Life is a highway...

So title of blog is because I love the song and how true and real the statement is. Life is something that I find so hard to figure out and really understand. God throws things at as that we don't expect and things that make us feel as if we can't get through, but yet He teaches us over and over that if rely on Him we will make it. Randy and I have been learning this a lot lately. Well, me especially I can't really speak for Randy.

I also wanted to vent about the concept of money. Money has become such a staple in our world today and it is of the utmost importance. but when I think about it, the reality of it all is that dollar bills is simpy a piece of paper that someone decided to put a value to. Whatever happened to the dayswhere people bought things by using bartering and trading instead. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong century/decades. A lot of the old traditions and the way people use to live can be so enticing and seems like it would be a nice way to live at times. Don't get me wrong I know there would be difficulties and they had their own issues, but still. I sometimes wonder who it was that decided to turn the world into greedy yet poor people but giving a piece of paper a dollar worth. Then to go on and think about the pay that certain jobs get. Why is it that the hardest working people out there get paid diddly squat while people that don't work hard and don't even go to work everyday get paid up the wazoo and in reality good easily retire at the age of 30. It's rediculous to think about the differences in how much certain people are paid...and to go along with that who is it that decides that one career is worth more than others. In my personal opinion teachers should be some of the highest paid people in the U.S. after all without teachers would you have your doctors, lawyers, bankers, etc?

Ok money vent over...mainly this holiday season is just a stressful one and tight and makes me hate the whole industry of money making. But I still lean on and rely on God because I know He will get us through, He always does.

On the family update front, Randy is doing good! He's working hard for us and with school break is putting in a lot of extra hours. I tell him daily that I love him and at times wonder if he really knows how much I love him and how much he means to me. Sometimes I look at him and wonder how it is that I managed to catch him. He is such a blessing and I grow more in love with him every day. Seeig him with Aspen just melts my heart. He is a fantastic father and I am so excited for Aspen to get bigger and to see them go on their first daddy-daughter date.

Aspen is so stinking cute and just like with Randy I am loving her more and more each day. I never quite understood the love of a parent for their child until I was pregnant with her and I just can't imagine life without her. She is such a joy to have in our lives and I just hope that I am the mother she deserves. Oh, and I took her in for her weight check yesterday. She gained 11oz in 6 days so Dr. V was very happy with her growth and has confirmed her lack of weight gain was due to her thrush causing her not to eat as much. So Aspen is now 9lbs 13oz and 23 inches long. Dr. V called her a healthy, happy, and thriving baby. So that is a relief.

Then there is me! I am doing well. Nervous about going back to regular classes next semester while having Aspen. It will be a learning curve trying to figure out how to balance giving Aspen the attention she needs while getting homework done. I'm excited for Aspen's first Christmas and to see her in her Christmas dresses. She'll be a doll. beyond playing and taking care of my little bebes I attempt to get stuff done around the house which sometimes can be an interesting task. Bebes has days where she'll happily let me do things like dishes and organizing...and then days where putting her down causes what you would think could be sirens of World War 3 beginning. It's those days that I hold her and take in her precious face...it makes me sit and really think about life and how fast she is already changes. It's only going to be a matter of time before she takes of crawling and walking and won't want mom anymore. The thought of those days excites me because she will get to learn about her world and explore an all the things the world has to offer. Then on the other hand it saddens me to know that someday she won't want me and I won't be able to cuddle with my precious girl.

So all in all life is bittersweet and such an adventure...I am currently living the everchanging adventure and waiting for what gets thrown at us next. To wrap things up her are some precious pics of Aspen in her first Christmas present from Uncle Tim and Auntie Trina they got her 2 adorable outfits complete with hat and booties...Her is one of them...




God Bless everyone and have a very Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment