CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Fabulous Morning...

So this morning was an interesting one to say the least. DD fell asleep at 9pm last night so a bit earlier than normal...and silly me, I thought she would still sleep until her normal 7am wake-up time. But alas, Aspen decides to say hello world at 5am and I never actually got to sleep until 1am. So needless to say a very sleepy mom got Aspen from her bassinet, fed her, changed her, and then was making the attempt to put her back to sleep for a couple more hours. Usually Aspen would have fallen right to sleep, but not this morning, nope she decided she was going to be up for a few hours. So Aspen and I spent the morning curled up on the couch in a big quilt together talking and watching Gilmore Girls on DVD. Things were fine until about 8am when she decided that she was very tired but wouldn't fall asleep. So with a fussy baby I thought hard about what to do and I came up with a plan that worked.

My dad use to sing me a song when I was little to help me fall asleep, so I dug into my memory and pulled that song out. It's called Smile by Nat King Cole. It worked like a charm. I walked around the living room singing to her and fussy baby turned into a smiling baby who fell asleep smiling in my arms. After she fell asleep i was wide awake for the day so Randy and I started cooking breakfast together in the kitchen. I made the omelettes and coffee while he made the bacon. After which I fed Aspen and she fell asleep right after eating again. So a quick trip to the library and now I am hiding from the cold outside. I am curled up on the couch with my little bebes on my chest curled up sleeping, a cup of warm yummy coffee next to me, a computer on my lap, and a book waiting to be opened. It has been a great morning.

I should probably be mroe productive this afternoon though! HMMM...decisions decisions.

And for you pleasure the lyrics that I sang to Aspen:

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though its breaking
When there are clouds in the sky,
you'll get by If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
Youll see the sun come shining through for you
Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
Thats the time you must keep on trying
Smile, whats the use of crying?
Youll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile
Thats the time you must keep on trying
Smile, whats the use of crying?
Youll find that life is still worthwhileIf you just smile

1 comment:

  1. Precious! We have many days where we live on our couch, too!

    ReplyDelete